Monday, June 14, 2010

Seeds someone else planted!



As I've been enjoying having my own home, I'm also enjoying that someone else planted seeds and I'm enjoying the "fruit" of their efforts.

Mostly I get the benefit of some really great landscaping work that has been done in the 2 feet out from my actual home. The rest is handled by the Association, but previous owner(s) have done a lot in the landscaping work of my two feet. One of the things is a "Angel Trumpet Bush" ... I don't think I'd ever seen one before, but mine has produced in a profuse manner. It is losing it's blooms slowly now, but in the height of its blooming, there had to have been a couple of hundred of the flowers on it, almost making it impossible to see the greenery. I've included a couple of pics of it from different perspectives.

The other thing is, out in the middle of my gravel area of the patio -- has sprung up a tomato plant. I'm glad I didn't pull it out when I thought it might be a big weed. Looks like I'll be able to enjoy a few tomatoes this year. Kind of fun for someone who has no interest whatsoever in ever doing any gardening! :)

2 comments:

  1. your angel trumpet may be Dantura, which is poisonous. BUT I've never seen one that tall, so maybe not. Just wash your hands after touching it to be sure, OK??
    Hugs, and glad you have a mato plant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrill ... yea, it is a datura(spelling??), and I only know anything at all about it from the internet. I did see where it is highly toxic, and I'm not touching it... too lazy for actual gardening duties :) !!!

    But I wish I could have gotten a good pic of the bush when it was in full bloom, it was quite something to behold ... can't believe how big the blooms are ... they are approx 8-12 inches long. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete