Friday, May 21, 2010

Painting!


the top picture is the color the association wants for edging details and such. Before I bought the place (while still in escrow) they replaced several of the trim pieces and the garage door .. but they didn't paint them. So, I finally made it to the paint store to get the stuff (and primer) and that will be the project for sometime in the next week or so. Luckily my wonderful home teacher has volunteered to do the outside painting (some of which I'm not sure I'd be able to reach ... and me on a ladder is a very ugly thought!) :) I don't particularly like either color -- brown is not really my thing ... but I don't get a choice, so oh well!


Below is the other paint project that I will be taking care of (this time I'm actually going to do it). Eventually, I'll be shifting all of the walls to a white or at least not a brown/tan based color. So since I had to pick up paint anyway today, I also got some white paint/primer to start with this one section that is above the fireplace. I'll be glad when I don't have to look at that unsightly area of blue in the center of that section of wall. I'm actually looking forward to this project ... getting my paint brush wet and such!

3 comments:

  1. Painting it back to white??? Everyone I know can't wait to paint over the white!!! The only white I have left is in my bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good coat of white paint make things feel clean and new. I think it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Lindsey ... yes white ... guess I'm just old fashioned! Eventually I'm going to be putting in some color, but the colors inside currently are all kind of brown tones and I'm not a big fan of those ... When I get everything done, I think there were be several shades of sage with white as well .. The colors in the pic are not really accurate .. really it is more of a dirty almond color and it is dismal! :)

    ReplyDelete